RETAIL ASSISTANT MANAGER BSMC LA
By Dutch van Someren - 13 Sep 21
We are hiring our Los Angeles Retail Assistant Manager
Bike Shed Motorcycle Club is about to open it's doors in Los Angeles, California, on a historical 30,000 square foot property featuring a full restaurant, cafe, bar and lounge, multi-brand retail emporium with multiple concessions for gear, apparel, top brands and motorcycle sales, private dining, private members bar and mezzanines, Parts & Labour barbers, the Paint Shop tattoo studio, a 7,000 square foot dedicated events space and galleries, with on-site secure parking for over 100 motorcycles all set in a building built in 1945 in the heart of the Arts District downtown.
Bike Shed's retail emporium offers 4,000 square feet of space hosting some of your favourite American, British and European moto & lifestyle brands, selling gear & apparel, motorcycles, watches, protective equipment, casual clothing, gifts and accessories and all our own Bike Shed Moto Co gear.
Being a part of the BSMC team comes with great responsibilities. It’s more than just working in our stores. It’s about being a part of our Mission to spread the Motorcycle culture around the world and unite its members under a single flag.
Our key values are, Authenticity, Passion, Community, inclusivity, Unity.
If you share our values and want to be a part of our Retail team please contact us and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Bike Shed’s retail is looking to hire its Assistant Store Manager. The perfect candidate must be passionate about retail and motorcycle (or interested in learning about it) with exceptional customer service, high levels of initiative and self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As a leader on the Store Management Team the Assistant Store Manager’s key role is to ensure the highest level of customer engagement is met and sales results are achieved. The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager with all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including driving sales, providing an exceptional customer experience, recruiting top talent and coaching and developing the team. In partnership with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager ensures that all company policies & procedures, corporate directives and initiatives are enforced and properly implemented within given deadlines and ensures store standards are maintained.
- Contributes to the overall store success by ensuring store sales goals are met while also achieving individual sales goals.
- Communicates effectivity with Store Manager regarding individual goals and skill development updates, employee relations and day to day operations. Responsible for timely communication to Store Manager regarding any operational or policy compliance related matters.
- Assists with training, coaching, developing and motivating team to achieve maximum sales productivity.
- The Assistant Store Manager is an expert on store operations and policies & procedures, and ensures they are followed and enforced.
- Ensures Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed. Assist with financial/sales audits and inventories to protect the store from internal and external shortage.
- Assists Store Manager with day to day management of the store, in the absence of the Store Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the store.
- Leads by example and inspires staff in daily operations and guest experience
- Directly oversees Guest Service Associate’s when running the floor
- Assists in processing shipment and ensuring efficient product flow including but not limited to visual merchandising placement and daily replenishment excellence
- Complete additional projects and perform other duties and assignments as required or requested by the General Manager
- Inspire and motivate fellow employees by consistently being a credible example as a brand and store ambassador
- Understand the importance of a nuanced approach to customer service and selling
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge and merchandise care information.
- Stays updated on new items and customer service guidelines and store policies.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach, responding positively to reasonable requests
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a cohesive team
- Demonstrate strong product expertise, engaging clients with the storytelling of the brand and product
- The drive to achieve personal sales goals as well as store KPIs
- 4+ years of related professional sales experience in specialty or luxury retail and/or customer service experience plus 2+ years in a management position
- Leadership ability.
- Able to meet performance expectations.
- Be sales and customer service orientated, highly motivated.
- Be fashion savvy with impeccable presentation and good personality.
- Relaxed but effective selling and client building skills
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Be detailed orientated and enthusiastic.
- Flexibility in your work schedule including weekends & holidays
- Agility to flex your work through various roles bases on business needs (i.e. on the selling floor, operations, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Curious and eager to learn
- A team player who is passionate about helping customers and teammates alike
- An innovative, proactive problem-solver
- Proud of your work and self-motivated to be a top performer
- Able to bring a positive, fun energy to the workplace, even when working long hours
- Passionate about Motorcycle or interested in learning about the community.
Special Physical And/or Mental Requirements
- Repetitive hand motion while operating cash register or computer.
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment.
- Standing required for entire work shift.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax, scanner and copier.)
- Must work weekend and night shifts.
- Climb ladders as needed.
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed.
Diversity Vision Statement
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.